Here are the dates for the High School Program Opportunities County Information Nights. Postcards will be mailed out to all 8th grade students informing them of these events.
Monday, October 24, 2016
Gar-Field High School
7 - 9 p.m.
(Eastern end programs will be represented on this evening)
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Stonewall Jackson High School
7 - 9 p.m.
(Western end programs will be represented on this evening)
County-wide programs will be represented on both evenings (CFPA @ Colgan, CISL @ Hylton, CENS @ Freedom, Biotech & Pre-Governor's School @ Osbourn Park). Governor's School @ Innovation Park will also be represented both evenings.
INFORMATION ABOUT SCHOOL SPECIFIC PROGRAMS AND HOW TO APPLY: TRANSITION TO HS PRESENTATION
NEED SOME HELP DECIDING WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN? Go to http://www.vacareerview.org/ and explore careers based on what your interests!
8th grade students interested in the IB Program at Stonewall Jackson High School:
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHAT IB CAN DO FOR YOU!
Information meeting January 12th, 2017 6:30 PM in the auditorium at Stonewall Jackson High School
Battlefield IT Specialty Program Information Night – November 17th
The Battlefield Information Technology specialty program will have an informational meeting on Thursday, November 17th, at 7PM, in the Battlefield auditorium. The informational session is designed for rising freshmen, and current Battlefield students who are not currently in the specialty program, but would like to join. The presentation will include details on: graphic arts, networking, programming, Project Lead the Way, robotics and web technologies. For more information, please contact Mr. Joseph Huddle firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Battlefield HS will be accepting transfer students on a limited basis. A lottery will be held for the selection of transfer students.
Important Dates for 2016 - 2017 Winter Round
- September 19, 2016 – Online applications available.
- October 7, 2016 – Deadline to request Algebra 1 waiver
- October 14, 2016 – APPLICATION DEADLINE
- December 3, 2016 – Admissions Test
- December 10, 2016 – Inclement weather date for Admissions Test
- January 13, 2017 – Applicants receive semifinalist pool notification through online system
- January 27, 2017 – Entry by Applicants of Teacher Recommendation Information Deadline
- January 28, 2017 – Student Information Sheet/Essay administration
- February 11, 2017 – Inclement Weather date for Student Information Sheet/Essay administration
- February 13, 2017 – Teacher Recommendations due
- April 30, 2017 – Final admissions decisions posted/mailed no later than this date
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FRESHMAN WINTER ROUND APPLICANTS (TJHSST CLASS OF 2021) IS OCTOBER 14, 2016 by 4:00 p.m.